Monday, July 6, 2009

Birthdays!

My girls are growing up so fast. Their birthdays are three days apart, so we had one huge b-day party at The Children's Discovery Musuem. They had a blast. We had a lot of food and cakes and the girls got a lot of gifts from our friends and family.


birthday girls

It seems like yesterday that I was in the hospital having them.

With Tyrine, I woke up early in the morning, around 5 AM, having stomach pain. I thought I had to go to the bathroom so I sat on the toilet for a while. It didn't seem like I have to go but whenever I stand up, liquid was dripping down my pants. I had to change my pants, not knowing my water broke. That's when I felt the contractions. Man was it painful! At around 6:30-7 AM we drove to the hospital. By the time I got there, I was in so much pain that I couldn't walk up the steps to the hospital door. They brought me a wheel chair and we were on our way to labor and delivery. I told the nurses that I was breached (baby head isn't down) and so they checked and preped me for surgery (having a c-section). While I was waiting for my doctor to open me up, they told me I was 10 cm dialated, in other words, if Tyrine wasn't breached I would have delivered her vaginally when I got to the hosptial. She arrived at 8:13 AM. Eyes wide opened when they placed her on my chest. I can't believe that was 10 years ago.


With Kira, I had a hard time carrying her when I was pregnant. Not sure if it's cuz I'm older or because she's a difficult baby. I woke up around 3 AM feeling uncomfortable. It felt like I was having contractions so I timed it to see how far apart they are. It was about 10 minutes apart so I decided to call the hospital to see what they have to say. They told me to come in. Around 4:30-5 AM we got to the hospital, the contractions were stronger, it was uncomfortable but not painful. My OBGYN had asked me during my prenatal visits if I want to have baby vaginally or c-section. I get to choose since my first child was via c-section. I told him, since I have a scar already, I might as well go through with having a c-section again and it wasn't bad the first time around. It was around 6:30-7AM that they preped me for surgery and 8:01 AM was when Kira arrived. That was a year ago. Time flies by so fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment